All About Our Events
“It’s the atmosphere, the absolute energy in the ballroom! The fun, the frenzy, the FABulous gowns, all in one place, at one time, with absolutely NO pressure to buy, and prices so amazing, how can you not?”
Beautiful brides of all sizes, trying on gowns together, literally becoming models to one another, in a dressing room charged with excitement, as the quest to find the perfect gown of their dreams, becomes a reality, BEFORE the bride-to-be across the room boldly asks if she might try it on next. Share and share alike! But only until the claim of ownership has been stamped “DO NOT TOUCH – THIS ONE IS GOING HOME WITH ME!”
No yanking, No pulling, NO harsh treatment of gowns allowed, and none intended by brides who eagerly dash to the racks. Gowns are carefully arranged in a labyrinth of silk, satin and lace, with interconnected crisscrossing and weaving paths of differing shades of white and ivory. All waiting for the shoppers to lose themselves in their pursuit, searching for the perfect designer or couture gown! All priced up to 85% off their original retail, and beginning as low as $99 in select cities!
Fran Hansen, director and show producer for the nationwide FABulous Bridal Affair, encourages brides to bring family and friends to assist in their search! “It never ceases to amaze me, exclaims Hansen, that a bride-to-be, whose mind is made up in regards to one particular style, walks away with something so entirely different, you wonder if it’s the same girl, arriving two hours earlier insisting on a mermaid dress, as she walks out with a flowing ball gown.” When asked why the sudden change of heart, a recent bride replied, “I can’t explain it! I tried it on because my friend begged to see what it would look like. It was only to humor her; I knew I would never buy something that would make me look like I just stepped off a cake top! But it took my breath away.”
As enthusiasm mounts, and while up to 200 brides await the opening of each FAB event, Hansen assures them that there are more than enough gowns to go around! And if you’re not into crowds and an overflowing dressing room, that’s okay too! By noon each day, hundreds of gowns will have been returned to the racks and ready for the next round of shoppers, all hoping to find a treasured keepsake to be be passed down for generations to come.
TEN things to remember when shopping a FAB Affair!
1) Be early! You really don’t have to show up at 5 am to get first place in line, but make plans to be there IF POSSIBLE when the doors open! That’s when you’ll have the biggest selection to choose from.
2) Wear appropriate underwear. You will be trying on gowns in a common area dressing room, meaning as many as 70 to 100 other brides may be dressing at the same time.
3) Keep in mind that you can only take 3 gowns at a time into the dressing room. That is PER BRIDE, not per each friend you bring along! Of course, swapping gowns in the dressing room with other brides is both permitted and encouraged. You are allowed to try on as many gowns as you like, for as long as you like, simply returning unwanted selections to the “Go Back Rack” just outside the dressing room. You and/or your friends can then go back for the next round of try-ons.
4) Wedding gowns fit incredibly SMALL in most cases! Start your search for at least one, and often times two sizes larger than you wear in street clothing. Remember it is easier to take a gown in, rather than to let it out if you fall in love with a design that doesn’t fit perfectly. ALSO, most bridal seamstresses today are very adept at removing zippers, and replacing them with back loops, meaning if your favorite gown misses zipping by several inches, it can be made to fit by lacing it up.
5) No more than two gowns can be “hoarded” at a time. Once you have tried on a gown, if another bride sees you in “her” perfect gown, she may ask to try it on, UNLESS it is one of the two you are hoarding. Two hoarding tags are provided to each bride upon arrival to the event. Once tagged, it is off limits until you remove the tag and place it on another gown.
6) If you’re bringing a team of helpers, dress them alike! Make it fun! Crazy hats, colorful t-shirts, signs if you like, but remember, this is NOT your typical dash, yank and grab gown sale. Our event is exciting and upscale, with only the most beautiful gowns available for sale. Care for each gown as you try it on as if it were to be the gown of YOUR dreams, because it truly will be the gown of SOMEONE’s dreams. That is, unless you damage it in your attempt to zip a size 14 body into a size 10 gown, or step through fragile netting or a chiffon skirt. Please be as careful, and gentle with each dress you try on, as if it were to become YOUR wedding gown.
7) Each gown in our FABulous collection has come from bridal shop overstock and/or liquidation, manufacturers overruns, designer showrooms, trunk shows, and some fashion show/runway samples. All this means incredible savings to brides across the nation as they attend our FABulous Bridal Affair.
8) What to do if you find just the right gown, but with small flaws, a few dangling or missing beads, or needing a little restyling, cleaning or repair. A list of alteration specialists in your area will be provided, and in select cities seamstresses will be on hand to answer all your questions.
9) Save on your wedding gown with Breast Cancer Research Stamps! Support Breast Cancer Research by purchasing 100 Breast Cancer Awareness Postage Stamps at your local post office. (Your cost $55) FAB will redeem those stamps for up to an ADDITIONAL $100 off the price of your wedding gown during October, Breast Cancer Awareness Month and every other month of the year! Breast Cancer deserves 12 month Awareness!
10) Don’t have Breast Cancer Research Stamps to redeem? Pledge a donation of any amount to YOUR favorite charity prior to your upcoming wedding and receive up to an additional $100 off the gown of your dreams. (additional 5% off purchase price up to $100) Sorry ladies, special offers cannot be combined. Remember to LIKE us on Facebook www.facebook.com/fabulousaffordablebridal prior to attending our event and receive a FREE veil with your wedding gown purchase. Veils up to $100 included in this free offer.
Save on your wedding gown with Breast Cancer Research Stamps! Support Breast Cancer Research by purchasing 100 Breast Cancer Research Postage Stamps at your local post office. (Your cost $55) FAB will redeem those stamps for up to an ADDITIONAL $100 off the price of your wedding gown during October, Breast Cancer Awareness Month and every other month of the year! Breast Cancer deserves 12 month Awareness! Thank you for making a difference!
It’s official! FAB is coming soon to a city near you, bringing a SPECTACULAR Bridal Event! If you’re a brides-to-be you won’t want to miss this amazing sale! Over 1,000 FABulous, NEW, designer and couture wedding gowns will be on display and available for purchase during each designer gown sale. No waiting, No special orders! Purchase and take home the gown of your dreams the very same day! FREE admission and FREE GIFT valued at $34.95 to the first 100 brides in line each day!
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month! Save up to an additional $100 off your wedding gown with a pledge of any amount to your favorite Breast Cancer charity during October 2011 events.
Our events open each day at 9 am, closing Friday and Saturday at 8 pm. Sundays, 9 am - 6 pm!
This is NOT your typical bridal show! This FABulous Bridal Affair and designer wedding gown sale will save you up to 85% off the orignal price of the gown of your dreams! You will save HUNDREDS! You May save THOUSANDS!! Sizes 4 – 44, and prices beginning as low as $99. Whatever you do, wherever you are, do NOT miss you local event!